Monday, October 3, 2011

Greetings from La Mancha!!

Hola!

I am in my first area! I was called to serve in Ciudad Real, which is in La Mancha (Home of Don Quixote)!!!! It is great. It is a smaller city. It is small enough that we can just walk everywhere and do not have to take much public transportation. The buildings are mostly relatively modern. Our apartment (piso) is pretty nice. We even have a balcony where we do our nightly planning! La Mancha is the hardest district in our whole mission. It is a district, not a stake...so there are not many members. There has not been a baptism in Ciudad Real for a year...but we can feel it changing! We are teaching some great people and we are working so hard! We are praying so hard that we will see a baptism here by the end of the month! I am so happy to be here in a difficult area. We as missionaries have to do a lot for the members as well as our investigators...to keep them strong and to make sure that the branch runs smoothly. I met some of the members yesterday when we went to General Conference! It was great!!

My companion is Hermana Sturgess! She is wonderful! She is American, and she has been in Spain for about 9 months. Her Spanish is amazing and she is such a loving and kind person. I love being with her! She is teaching me so much, and even though my spanish is not great, I have been participating a lot in lessons and also in street contacting.

So Don Quixote is everywhere. In the Plaza Mayor here in Ciudad Real there is a clock and on every hour, the bells go off and Don Quixote comes out!! Haha it is so cool! I will send photos soon. I forgot my card reader today! BUT go on the mission blog to see the photos of when I was at the mission home. I looked at it this morning! it is soooo cool! My companion Hermana Crowder is in Sevilla.


Take Care,
Hermana Letendre

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hermana Letendre! So happy to read of your adventures in your first area. It sounds as though you are off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete