Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Made it to the MTC!

Hello everyone--I made it to the MTC! I arrived on Wednesday, July 20th, and quickly met my companion (the girl I will be working with). Her name is Hermana Crowder and she is from Maryland. I think she is wonderful! On Friday, we taught our first lesson....TOTALLY in Spanish!!! We taught in Spanish again on Saturday, and again today (Monday)! Although my Spanish is not really good enough to teach a whole lesson in Spanish, my language skills have improved so much since I have been here. It is amazing!! The Lord is certainly blessing us.

I am having a wonderful time at the MTC. Although the language study can get a bit frustrating at times---I a trying to remember why I am here: to serve the Lord and to help others. I know that I will be able to learn Spanish!! I have felt the spirit so strongly since I have been here at the MTC. I know that the work that I am doing is the work of the Lord---what a great feeling!!

I am not able to send photos just yet, but I will do my best to get some to post! I am so busy--I am up at 6am everyday and to bed at 10:30pm---and I am literally busy the entire day. I find that I am so excited to learn Spanish!! Learning a language here at the MTC is so different from learning a language at school. I love learning!!!!

With Love,

Hermana Valerie Letendre

No comments:

Post a Comment